top of page
JG-bellfoundry-019.jpg

Ackworth, West Yorkshire, St Cuthbert's Parish Church.

Updated: Dec 7, 2023


The tower of this church houses a 14 cwt six by five different founders dating between 1499 &1880. The last major rehang on new fittings and in an oak bell frame was carried out by Thomas Mallerby in 1880.

The parish has placed an order for new cast iron gudgeon boxes to be fitted to the 5th & tenor headstocks and for new ball bearings housed in cast iron bearing housings. The clappers and crown staples of all six bells will also be annealed and fully restored.

82 views
bottom of page