top of page
JG-bellfoundry-019.jpg

Kirton in Holland, Lincolnshire, The Parish Church of S.S. Peter & Paul.

Updated: Mar 30



The tower of this beautiful mediaeval church houses an 18 cwt eight with six of the bells having been cast by Thomas Mears in 1807, and two cast by Warners in 1912. The last major restoration was carried out by Alfred Bowell of Ipswich in 1938.

The parish has placed an order for a complete service of the entire installation to be undertaken and for all eight clappers and crown staples to be restored. This will involve welding repairs and the annealing of all the clappers, together with the fitting of new bronze bushes and stainless steel joint pins.


This work is in progress.

66 views

Comentarios


bottom of page