top of page
JG-bellfoundry-019.jpg

Audlem, Cheshire, St James the Great.


This tower houses a complete 9 cwt. ring of six by Abel Rudhall which date from 1736. The bells and their fittings will be removed from the tower and brought back to Loughborough for conservation and cleaning. All new ringing fittings will be manufactured, and the 1736 oak bell frame by local carpenter John Sneyd will be strengthened before the bells are rehung.


  • These bells have been removed and are at Loughborough..

  • The moulding of the new headstocks is underway.

  • The new cast iron headstocks have been founded.

  • The new bell wheels are under construction.

  • All is ready for dispatch.

  • Work in the tower nears completion.











499 views

Comments


bottom of page