top of page
JG-bellfoundry-019.jpg

Teversal, Nottinghamshire, St Katherine's Parish Church.



St Katherine's tower houses a 9 cwt ring of five by four different founders with the bells dating between 1551 and 1758. Major maintenance work will now be undertaken to keep the bells in good ringing order. The bells will be lowered into their pits and their hardwood headstocks will be removed to the Foundry for the fitting of new gudgeons and for the manufacture and fitting of ball bearing races housed in new cast iron housings. The clappers will be annealed and restored and re-faced and provided with new leather baldricks. The rope roller boxes will be fully restored with new hardwood rollers turning on fully enclosed ball bearings.

44 views

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page