top of page
JG-bellfoundry-019.jpg

Upton upon Severn, Worcestershire, The Parish Church of S.S. Peter & Paul.



The 11 cwt eight in this tower is the work of three different founders dating between 1705 & 1902, when the last major restoration and augmentation was undertaken by Henry Bond of Burford. Major maintenance will now be undertaken to keep the ring in good order.

All the bells will be lifted in their pits to allow their bearing assemblies to be removed and taken back to Loughborough for cleaning and for the machining of the bearing housings. The rope roller boxes will be completely restored with new hardwood wheels, spindles and roller bearings. The sliders will be replaced and all ironwork descaled and re-painted. Adjustments will be made to the garter holes and roller box positions to reorder the rope drops, and all new ceiling and floor bosses will be supplied and fitted.

78 views

Comments


bottom of page