This tower houses a 10 cwt ring of six by three different founders, Thomas Mears, J III, C IV & W Pennington & Thomas II Worth. The last major work to the bells was carried out in 1949 when Mears & Stainbank rehung the ring in a new cast iron bell frame.
Maintenance work will now be carried out to keep things in good order. The bell pad of the 2nd bell had split and has been replaced, and the bell has been lifted and its bearing inspected and cleaned. The remainder of the bells will now be lifted from their pits and their bearings will be cleaned/replaced as necessary. The clappers and crown staples of the front five bells will be removed to Loughborough for full restoration.