top of page
JG-bellfoundry-019.jpg

Powerstock, Dorset, St Mary the Virgin.



This tower houses Dorset's heaviest ring of six, with a tenor bell of 20 cwts in the key of Eb, the work of Thomas II Bilbie. The bells are the work of four different bell founders, date between 1712 and 1960, and hang in a timber bell frame constructed by Webb & Bennett (with an extension added by Whitechapel in 1960).

The bells will be removed to Loughborough for conservation, cleaning and a small amount of tuning, and for the manufacture of all new ringing fittings. The bell frame will also be strengthened.

72 views
bottom of page