top of page
JG-bellfoundry-019.jpg

Nuneaton, Warwickshire. The Parish Church of St Nicholas.


The tower of this church houses a 14 cwt eight by three founders dating between 1703 and 1873. The bells hang in a composite bell frame, with bells 2, 3, 6 & 7 hanging in a wooden frame from 1809, and the remainder in a Taylor cast iron frame from 1908. The fracturing of the gudgeon of the 5th bell has stopped ringing.

The 5th headstock will be removed for the fitting of new gudgeons and bells 1, 4 & 8 will be lifted from their pits and their bearings cleaned/replaced as necessary.


  • Work here begins on Saturday 29th June.

58 views

Comments


bottom of page