top of page
JG-bellfoundry-019.jpg

North Tamerton, Cornwall. The Parish Church of St Denis.



The 7 cwt ring of six at this church is the work of Taylor's, with five of the bells dating from 1830/1 before Taylor's established themselves in Loughborough when they traded from Oxford. The 3rd bell was cast by Mears & Stainbank in 1901, when the entire peal was rehung in a new oak bell frame by Harry Stokes.

The parish has now placed an order for the bells and their fittings to be removed from the tower for cleaning, conservation and tuning, and for the manufacture of entirely new ringing fittings. The bells will then be rehung in the 1901 frame.

56 views
bottom of page