top of page
JG-bellfoundry-019.jpg

Lakenheath, Suffolk, St Mary's Parish Church.

Updated: Nov 17, 2023


The 13 cwt ring of six at this church is the work of five different bell founders, with the bells being cast between 1486 & 1946. The ring was last rehung in a steel frame by Alfred Bowell of Ipswich in 1915, with The Whitechapel Bell Foundry providing a new treble bell and fittings in 1946.

The Parish has now placed an order for new gudgeons and bearings to be fitted to the cast iron headstock of the tenor bell and for the tenor roller box to be refurbished.


  • This work has been completed.

47 views

Comments


bottom of page