top of page
JG-bellfoundry-019.jpg

Gedney, Lincolnshire. The Parish Church of St Mary Magdelene.



The tower of this church houses a 13cwt ring of six which were last restored by Taylor's in 1913. At that time the Thomas Osborn 1794 five were conserved and tuned and augmented to six on all new fittings in a new cast iron and steel bell frame. After 110 years a major maintenance/restoration programme is to be undertaken.

The bells will be lifted from their pits and their bearings will be cleaned/replaced as necessary. The bell wheels, clappers, crown staples and rope roller boxes will be returned to Loughborough for full restoration, and the bell frame will be cleaned and painted.

81 views

Recent Posts

See All

Comentarios


bottom of page