top of page
JG-bellfoundry-019.jpg

Frampton, Dorset, The Parish Church of St. Mary.


The tower of this church houses a 16 cwt six in the key of E. The bells are the work of four different bellfounders and date between 1694 and 1920, when Taylor's cast a new tenor bell. The entire ring hangs in an oak frame dating from 1694 and were last rehung in 1921 by Thomas Doble of Taunton.

An order has now been placed to remove the ring from the tower to Loughborough for conservation and tuning. All new ringing fittings will be manufactured for the bells and the bell frame will be strengthened before the bells are rehung.


Photo: The bells before removal.








68 views

Comentarios


bottom of page