This cathedral church houses a 20 cwt ring of ten bells which underwent a major restoration by Taylor's in 1935 when the bells were rehung with all new fittings in a cast iron bell frame. The front five bells were cast in 1935, the back five date from 1841 and are the work of Thomas II Mears of the Whitechapel Bell Foundry.
An order has now been given to replace the Westminster clock chime apparatus and to extend the system to all ten bells. New electro-magnetic hammers will be manufactured and fitted to all the bells, together with a programmable Apollo Unit. A new clock drive mechanism will also be manufactured and installed.