top of page
JG-bellfoundry-019.jpg

Castor, Cambridgeshire. The Parish Church of St Kyneburgha.



The beautiful Norman central tower of this church houses a 10 cwt eight, the back six dating from 1700, the work of Henry II Bagley, with two Taylor trebles from 2000. The back six was rehung by Taylor's with new fittings in a new cast iron and steel bell frame in 1900, and this was extended to accommodate the trebles with two extra pits in 1999.

An order has been received to replace the 1900 Hastings stays on the back six bells with conventional stays, sliders and runner boards.


  • This work is underway.

56 views

Commenti


bottom of page